Materialise is a Belgian founded international company that is a leader in 3D printing sector, mainly for the medical sector but also for automotive and aerospace.
Until now, Materialise used Microsoft Excel to design and print labels, via macros.
This leads to a non-scalable, difficult to manage system for a high growth, publicly traded International company like Materialise.
Materialise was therefore looking for a company that could help them implement a modern, contemporary labeling software, with the following features
- “what you see is what you get” label Designer
- Worflow Management and Quality Control
- Version management
- Towards the future, FDA compliant
Codipack has implemented a NiceLabel LMS Enterprise at Materialise.
NiceLabel LMS Enterprise is a label management system for companies that are regularized or operate under a quality management system. NiceLabel LMS includes everything needed to standardize, centralize and control the labeling process. NiceLabel Label Management System is a scalable platform to manage the entire labeling process, even internationally.
NiceLabel LMS Enterprise includes a user-friendly label designer similar to Microsoft Word, an application builder and a number of additional features such as:
- Document Management System: NiceLabel Control Center
The HTML5 web application Control Center is a document management system that stores all label documents in a central SQL database. Users must check in and out on the label documents so that two people cannot make changes at the same time.
- Web printing system: NiceLabel PowerForms Web
NiceLabel PowerForms Web is a web application that allows all manual printing applications to be used centrally. All labeling applications can be made available to thousands of users, all workstations and at all company locations in no time.
- Integrated Printing System: NiceLabel Automation
With NiceLabel Automation Enterprise, you automate the label printing process from within existing business systems without the need for programming languages and also use universal and dynamic templates that work on thousands of models of label printers. This also reduces the number of different labels and makes it easier to manage all your labels.
The unique benefits to Materialise of an LMS Enterprise are:
- Labels can be easily designed and printed
- Database connections possible
- Development environment for labelling solutions
- Built-in and automatic PDF printing
- Links to external equipment such as scales
- Integration with business software based on XML, JSON
- Unlimited number of installations with printer based license
- Central document management
- Version Control
- Error handling (try and catch principle)
- Non-production environment included
- Web printing
Codipack Group has a team of NiceLabel trained experts, specializing in providing and installing Labeling Management Software.
Request more info at firstname.lastname@example.org