Materialise is a Belgian founded International company, leader in the 3D printing sector, especially for the medical sector, but also for automotive and aerospace.
Until now, Materialise used Microsoft Excel to design and print labels, via macros.
This leads to a non-scalable, difficult to manage system for a fast-growing, listed international company such as Materialise.
Materialise was therefore looking for a company that could provide them with modern, contemporary labeling software, with the following features:
- “What you see is what you get” label Designer
- Worflow Management and Quality Control
- Version management
- To the future, FDA compliant
Codipack has implemented NiceLabel LMS Enterprise at Materialise.
NiceLabel LMS Enterprise is a label management system for companies that are regularized or work according to a quality management system. NiceLabel LMS includes everything needed to standardise, centralise and control the labeling process. NiceLabel Label Management System is a scalable platform that also manages the entire labeling process internationally.
NiceLabel LMS Enterprise includes a user-friendly « label designer » similar to Microsoft Word, an « application builder » and a number of extra features such as:
- Document Management System: NiceLabel Control Center
The HTML5 web application Control Center is a document management system that stores all label documents in a central SQL database. Users must check in and out on the label documents so that two people cannot make adjustments at the same time.
- Web printing system: NiceLabel PowerForms Web
NiceLabel PowerForms Web is a web application that ensures that all manual printing applications can be used centrally. All labeling applications are thus also available in no time for thousands of users, all workstations and this at all company locations.
- Integrated printing System: NiceLabel Automation
With NiceLabel Automation Enterprise you automate the label printing process from existing business systems without the need for programming language and you also use universal and dynamic templates that work on thousands of label printer models. This also reduces the number of different labels and makes it easier to manage all your labels.
The unique advantages for Materialise of an LMS Enterprise are:
- Easily design and print labels
- Database links possible
- Development environment for labeling solutions
- Built-in and automatic PDF printing
- Links with external equipment such as weighing scales
- Integration with business software based on XML, JSON
- Unlimited number of installations with printer based license
- Central document management
- Version Control
- Error handling (try catch principle)
- Non-production environment included
- Web printing